VMware Horizon Community
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Issue with Horizon View 5.3 View Composer installation on SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition

I am trying to install Horizon View 5.3 (latest release) View Composer on a remote SQL Server 2012 database. I am using SQL authentication and able to establish the ODBC connection.

However, I am unable to install and getting error related to database compatibility.

Since this is a new release, we do not have the adequate documentation for View 5.3 version

Can somebody suggest the version of SQL Native Client for this connection? I tried SQL Native Client 10 and it failed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The documentation for 5.2 also applies to 5.3.

Have you followed the step-by-step guide? http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/view/VMware-View-Evaluators-Guide.pdf

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The documentation for 5.2 also applies to 5.3.

Have you followed the step-by-step guide? http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/view/VMware-View-Evaluators-Guide.pdf

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks Linjo for leading me the right directions. I got it installed.

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Though this guide says the following DBs are supported, I still got it installed on a SQL 2012 DB with the latest SQL Native Client for 2012.

Evaluators-Guide says:

View Composer requires a SQL database to store data with connections and components of linked-clone

desktops. Supported databases are:

• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP4

• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express R2 SP1 64-bit

• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard, Enterprise R2 (32- and 64-bit)

• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter SP2 (32- and 64-bit)

0 Kudos
VirtuallyViewed
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi!

I have been able to use a SQL 2012 DB aswell and with the SQL Native Client 10.0.

In my case the problem was that the user set for the DB wasn´t set to owner. I had to login to the SQL Server,

start up SQL Management tool and go in under Logins and choose properties for the user created for the

composer database and make it db owner. It was only set to public in my case.

Cheers,

Erik

0 Kudos