Can VMware Workstation run on Linux without X windows?
With VMware server you can use a conventional browser to access the host and setup new VMs. I get the feeling this is actually not possible with VMware Workstation?
So I have to install Linux with X windows?
Welcome to the communities.
If you are getting error about that component then please install and proceed without waiting more.
These alarms occur even if the host is working correctly.
To work around this issue, increase the value of handshakeTimeoutMs:
- Connect to your ESXi/ESX host via a remote Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) or Secure Shell (SSH) session or directly as root.
- Open the /etc/vmware/hostd/config.xml file in a text editor.
- Enter <handshakeTimeoutMs> 120000 </handshakeTimeoutMs> between the <ssl> tags in the vmacore section. This parameter is in milliseconds. For example, 120000 millseconds = 2 minutes.
<handshakeTimeoutMs> 120000 </handshakeTimeoutMs>
<loadPlugins> true </loadPlugins>
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the Management agents. For more information, see Restarting the Management agents on an ESXi or ESX host (1003490).
- To confirm that the tags have taken effect, check the /var/log/vmware/hostd.log file for this message:
[2010-03-15 09:49:32.788 F66D76D0 info 'App'] Vmacore::InitSSL: doVersionCheck = false, handshakeTimeoutUs = 120000000