VMware Cloud Community
rponomar
Contributor
Contributor

Usage Report Results Confusion

Hi Everyone,

Here is some background before I ask my question:

I set up a hierarchy and populated it VM entities no problem.  I set up my own basic pricing model that was based on "Actual Usage" and had no base rates, no fixed costs, no other costs, and no rules associated with it.  I ran a couple usage reports using this pricing model.

The first usage report I generated on my hierarchy was for the time frame 11/06/2012  to  11/06/2013   (1 year) and the report produced results which I looked okay.  I only asked for it to show CPU, Memory, and Storage.

So I my second usage report on the same hierarchy and for this one the time frame was set for 05/06/2013  to  11/06/2013  (6 months) and the the results produced almost exactly DOUBLE the usage for EVERY resource.

I thought this was strange considering the time frames overlap and if anything the YEAR time span would have to have at least the same usage stats if not higher than the 6 month time span it includes.

So, my question is, did I mess up the pricing model or billing policy somewhere to have this happen?  Or does the usage report generate on an average of some sort?

I just can't figure out how this is possible.

Thanks for any help in advance!

-Richie

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Richie,

Can you please attach the pdf reports for the same issue and tell about the problematic VMs. I will try to give you an explanation for the same.

Thanks,

Aanjaneya

0 Kudos