VMware Cloud Community
vikrant_kamboj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcenter server error you dont have a permission . when trying to connect vcenter server 5.5 through v center client

can anybody help me , I am facing some problem related to v center server 5.5 connectivity . we are using esxi 5.5 and on this esxi5.5 we are running  VM . On this single vm  we have installed v center server , single sign on , inventory services (without any error) .  when I am trying to connect vcenter server  through v center client  one error occurred      vsphere client  could not connect to  ip add  .you don't have a permission to login  to the server ip.

12 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

It may have removed permissions for local identity sources.  try loging in with the default master credentials ie vsphere.local\Administartor and

add the instances. The below KB should be helpful.

VMware KB: Logging into vCenter Server using the vSphere Client with vCenter Single Sign-On (SSO) in...

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203575...

Thanks,

Avinash

vikrant_kamboj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear avinash ,

I have  checked these things ,in our network we are using only one domain not multiple .

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

one of these users should have gotten access to VC: Administrator@vpshere.local or Administator@<yourDomain>

Try logging in with these users and report back.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
Skynetrulz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You.. I was also facing the same problem. I was able to login with administrator@vsphere.local. Thanks again.. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
jgoodman
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem and we only have a single domain. Logging in with Administrator@vshpere.local works but not Windows Session credentials or Administrator@domainname.com.

0 Kudos
jgoodman
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Amorris! I never would have figured that out on my own. Problem Solved.

0 Kudos
voipguy
Contributor
Contributor

You need to assign role to group or user.

Please check following link.

http://hostilecoding.blogspot.com/2013/11/vmware-users-groups-and-roles.html

0 Kudos
Ankur11
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much; I am looking to get this fix since 20 hours.

Ankur

0 Kudos
Yocobicus
Contributor
Contributor

This is valid for 6.5 as well.

0 Kudos
jadaboumalham84
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much Amorris, you really made my day and that solved my problem. Million thanks

0 Kudos
jadaboumalham84
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much Amorris, you really made my day and that solved my problem. Million thanks. solution on the link you sent worked perfectly: http://virtuallylg.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/vsphere-5-5-how-to-add-domain-users-to-sso/

0 Kudos