2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 6:07 AM by markdjones82

Show tools not installed

CarlosDionizio Novice

Hi! I found this script show me all information about OSFULL NAME and grouping!!

But now i need show name 115 vm without information

Get-VM |Select Name,

@{N="S.O";E={$_.Guest.OSFullName}}|

group-object -property "S.O"|Select Count,Name|ConvertTo-HTML -title "Relação de Servidores - VMWARE" -body  "<H2>Relação de Servidores - VMWARE</H2>" -head $aforma| Out-File Agrupadas.html

52Ubuntu Linux (64-bit)
      34Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
      5CentOS 4/5/6 (32-bit)

Tks for all help!

• 1. Re: Show tools not installed
          LucD Guru
          User ModeratorsvExpertCommunity Warriors

Those are most probably VMs that are not powered on or where the VMware Tools are not installed/running.

You can list the general OS the creator of the VM selected when he created the VM, but that is not conclusive to confirm that a specific OS is actually running on the VM.

I could easily say I'm creating a Windows VM, but install a Linux distro on there.

Get-VM | Group-Object -property {$_.ExtensionData.Config.GuestId}

Blog: http://lucd.info | Twitter: @LucD22 | PowerCLI Reference co-author: http://tinyurl.com/hkn4glz
          • 2. Re: Show tools not installed
            markdjones82 Expert

That code appears to use tools to find within the guest OS which requires tools.  You can use the other object to find out what the configured OS is for the VMX, but it might not match to what is within the OS.

Get-VM |Select Name,

@{N="S.O";E={$_.ExtensionData.config.GuestFullName}}|

group-object -property "S.O"|Select Count,Name|ConvertTo-HTML -title "Relação de Servidores - VMWARE" -body  "<H2>Relação de Servidores - VMWARE</H2>" -head $aforma| Out-File Agrupadas.html

EDIT: Luc to fast for me again

Message was edited by: Mark Jones