VMware Cloud Community
AsenG
Contributor
Contributor

how to properly built up a vinfrastructure with vsphere 5.0?

Good evening Guys,

I am still very new into VMWare and lately I found the "vSphere ESXi vCenter Server 5.0 Examples and Scenarios Guide" and "vSphere ESXi vCenter Server 5.0 Virtual Machine Admin Guide", and also I am doing the awesome Train Signal for vSphere 5.0 and 5.1, but I am still missing some of the basic, I believe, crucial concepts of creating the vEnvironement into the right and most efficient way. Looking to the professional Labs designed into Chris Wahl's site - Home Lab | Wahl Network, I still have the feeling, I "miss" some of the important ideas has been used there. Could you, please advise me where to find some "how tos" or "step-by-step" for the basic principles a vinfrastructure should be built like for the beginner like me?

Best Regards,

Asen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nkrishnan
Expert
Expert

Refer the vSphere Design guide available in the market. Would help to understand the capacity calculation and plan your hardware in the beginning. after that you can refer the vShere install guide would help you to walk through the steps to install the vSphere components

--Nithin
0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check this blog New to Virtualization? | vPirate

There's a link called Building the Ultimate vSphere Lab. That might give you step by step approach.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

check this best practice video..it will show you everything step by step hope it will help you..

VMware KB: Installing vCenter Server 5.1 best practices

Yours, Phillips

0 Kudos