VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Error 1068 When trying to start vCenter Server Service

i am getting this Error 1068 When trying to start vCenter Server Service. Any Solution for this?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
12 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

what is the version of the vCenter server..?

Thanks,

Avinash

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I have seen this problem to occur in 5.0 . could you upload the vcenter server logs.?

Thanks,
Avinash

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

but what is the reason of this issue?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Open "services.msc" and check which services the vCenter Server Service depends on and whether these services are started. If not, check the Windows Event logs to see if there are service start errors.

André

ScreamingSilenc

I have seen this error when SQL Server service and agent have not started.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
srijits
Contributor
Contributor

Please look at the following vmware article and see if this helps.

VMware KB: The VirtualCenter Server service fails to start with alarm errors after upgrading to vCen...

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Srijit http://thesmartadmin.com/
0 Kudos
subhasis2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

first you check vCenter Server database size exceeds the maximum limit or not.if yes then reduce the database size if not then take a database backup and go through srijits link step.

0 Kudos
Suman_Panigrahi
Contributor
Contributor

As Subhasis2009 said generally we get this error due to VCenter Database running out of allocated Transaction log space, And this can be fixed shrinking the Trans logs or freeing up the space (Make sure we take the backup of the database/Trans logs before shrinking the Trans logs)

0 Kudos
OzerS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check the logs please

C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs

last vpxd- log file.

check for errors or post it here if nothing private in it.

0 Kudos
Picty88
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same error.

Any Solution for this?

I attached file log.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ParthG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

FYi i had same issue and this helped. Started SQL agent on sql server and all services in vCenter 6.0 windows were able to start.

0 Kudos