VMware Horizon Community
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Windows 8 view agent not scaling screen resolution

I've just upgrade my view from 5.1.3 to 5.2 uninstalled my view agent on windows 8 (5.1.3) and installed agent 5.2 (64bit)

i'm using view client 5.4

when in login with pcoip i get my screen in the same size as i would see it in the console.

this happens when i use full screen or multimonitor. when i go to windows mode it also does not scal the resolution.

using RDP it goes to the correct size without any isues.

i'll try a new windows 8 machien(clean install) to see if this one has the same issue.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just installed VMware-viewagent-x86_64-5.2.0-987719 on a new image of windows 8 without a previous version. but still the resolution does not change to my screen resolution.

If you change the resolution in the console on the Vsphere of the client and you login to your desktop you get 1024x768 not the size of what is used in the console

when I go back to my console it is using the 1024 resolution again.

the vm version is vmx-09.

the view pool allows 2 monitors at 1920x1080

the vm config for viedo is:

number of displays: 2 > changed to 3 for a test

Total video memory is: 35,16 mb > changed to 79.11MB for a test

after this my desktop resolution is fixed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just installed VMware-viewagent-x86_64-5.2.0-987719 on a new image of windows 8 without a previous version. but still the resolution does not change to my screen resolution.

If you change the resolution in the console on the Vsphere of the client and you login to your desktop you get 1024x768 not the size of what is used in the console

when I go back to my console it is using the 1024 resolution again.

the vm version is vmx-09.

the view pool allows 2 monitors at 1920x1080

the vm config for viedo is:

number of displays: 2 > changed to 3 for a test

Total video memory is: 35,16 mb > changed to 79.11MB for a test

after this my desktop resolution is fixed

0 Kudos