Sounds good but why are you removing the targeted ESXi host from the vCenter environment?
Like I said it was a plan from elsewhere and adapted to our needs. If removing the ESXi host is not needed then I will remove that from the plan.
- Verify good full backup of vCenter Server
- Ensure there are no current migrations
- Verify good full backup of SQL
- Maintenance mode target ESX host and wait for all VM’s to DRS to another host
- Disconnect ESX host from vCenter
- Stop all vCenter and SQL Services on physical vCenter server
- Run P2V converter
- Check if stable with NIC disabled
Any other issues?
That will do it -