VMware Cloud Community
saholton
Contributor
Contributor

Error #2032 attemting to set base rates

When I select "set base rates" I immediately get a dialog box with  "RSL error 1 of 2  Error #2032"  with no further explanation.  I turned off (complertely) Windows Firewall - problem persists.  No further hints as to what's up.  Win 2K8 R2 w/ vChargeback 2.5 installed. Single vCenter "attached" (vCenter userid/password and DB user/pass seems to have been accepted...)

KB shows no hits for this issue, and the dialog box explains nothing... Anyone have any hints?

Many thanks (is there a master manual describing these errors - 2032 likely means SOMETHING??)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dprabhakaran
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

saholton,

Did you see any error in the logs? Can you please attach the logs for further analysis?

Thanks

Diwakar

0 Kudos
Mugdha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Saholton,

Please clear the cache of your browser and reload the CBM UI. Please let us know the result.

0 Kudos
saholton
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the long delay - other project priorities bumped this one. (and thanks for the help)

Flushing browser cache resulted in same issue - I checked ALL the boxes EXCEPT "Preserve Favorites Website Data", so cookies, temp internet files, history, etc. were ALL cleared.  Still get dialog box with:

"RSL error 1 of 2" centered in the "Base Rate Calculator" box, with a small "Error #2032" at the bottom of the dialog.

Looking at logs - more later.

0 Kudos
Mugdha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Saholton,

This looks like some problem with the flex components in Chargeback. Can you please attach the snapshot of the screen where you see the message?

0 Kudos
saholton
Contributor
Contributor

Digging through the logs (there are a lot of them!!!), I found a JAVA stack dump that appears to be an authorization issue for a database.  Not sure if VC database or CBM database (stack dump doesn't show any actual database in the "junk" it spews...).

Logged on to CBM via web page as "super admin" - still failed with same problem when I attempt to set rates.

However, logging on as "super admin" to vCenter client, and accessed through VC plugin allowed me to access the "initial rates" screens.

I'll try to determine which database later - and use VC plugin for now.  Thanks to all who responded.

0 Kudos