VMware Cloud Community
vincikb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Need help creating a dashboard to count a total.

I have a dashboard that shows the top 20 highest VM's that are about ready to run out of disk space.  Would there be any way to create another dashboard that would give a count of this just to display a number?  For example the super metric may be something like anything greater than 90% to count that number.  The dashboard would then show a number such as 15 VM's are over 90%.  How do I create a total number or is this even possible in vCenter Ops?  Thank You

Screenshot.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hank-ger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

hope that you can work with my Dashboard.

The Generic Scoreboard was only configured with a couple of VMs. Just an example of possibilities for you.

I think that an "Top N-Analysis" Widget will help you more than an "heath Map" ! There are only the TOP 20 VMs wit Datastore Usage.

DashboardExample.jpg

here is the configuration for this widget:

DashboardExample2.jpg

hope that´s what you need.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello ,

it's tricky to create this with super metrics, as there is no support for <,> operatiors Smiley Happy

I can suggest to try the consolidated alerting feature instead..

hank-ger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey vincikb,

you can try to do that with an custum dashboard and the "heat map" / "generic scoreboard" / "metric Graph".

here is my example:

dashboard1.JPG

dashboard1_config1.JPG

OK, there is no alarm notification via mail AND only windows vm has a Drive "C".

You can also use the "%" in the heat map conifugration. That works for windows and linux.

0 Kudos
vincikb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Hankg-ger, can you export out that dashboard so I can import it into mine?  Also for your Generic Scoreboard how did you get it to include all VM's but only display the top 20 into the list? Thanks

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

interested as well, I've struggled to create a VM disk space widget view.

0 Kudos
hank-ger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

hope that you can work with my Dashboard.

The Generic Scoreboard was only configured with a couple of VMs. Just an example of possibilities for you.

I think that an "Top N-Analysis" Widget will help you more than an "heath Map" ! There are only the TOP 20 VMs wit Datastore Usage.

DashboardExample.jpg

here is the configuration for this widget:

DashboardExample2.jpg

hope that´s what you need.

0 Kudos
vincikb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That is awesome!  Thanks so much for posting the Dashboards, they helped me learn a lot!

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, helped me get a decent heat map dashboard running.

0 Kudos