VMware Cloud Community
biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to implement automatic server provisioning?

I would like to try some vmware cloud products.

I am new in this, can someone please help me which products I need to deliver automatic server provisioning and can I get free trial of that products?

I already have vSphere, and download free trial vCloud Director and vShield but as I can see this is not enough what I need.

Thanks

2 Replies
cfor
Expert
Expert

If you just want to try, I would suggest contacting VMware sales - they can get you access onto a cloud solution to showcase the products in many cases.

Your question is a little hard to answer as it really comes down to scale - if this is for a small setup (less that 50-100 VM's) I would just use vSphere (vCenter+ESXi) and use something like PowerCLI to automate.  If looking at a much larger setup, then something like vCloud Suite would be a good place to go - however it is not trivial to setup and configure, it does take a lot more planning to get "right".

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks.

I know it is complex, but I just mean on server provisioning, not other Cloude service. So there is no specific product or products to implement this without programming or PowerCLI?

I will contact vmware support, but maybe I will faster find out this informations on communities Smiley Happy

0 Kudos