VMware Cloud Community
Moif_Murphy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workstation 9 / Can't ping

Hi there.

I've just finished rebuilding my lab as per this guide: http://boerlowie.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/building-the-ultimate-vsphere-lab-part-1-the-story/ - but I'm unable to ping machines inside the lab.

This is how my machines look inside Workstation 9:

workstation.jpg

And this how this looks inside VC:

client.jpg

I wanted to check out Log Insight Manager and gave it an IP of 10.0.0.5/24 and the gateway is 10.0.0.1 (DC) but I can't see anything:

loginsight.jpg

I've enabled promiscuous mode on vSwitch0 and 2 within ESXi1 and 2 and I've also set the vLAN to 4095 but still nothing:

host_networking.jpg

Obviously I'd prefer to use the existing DC I built when putting the lab together rather than building one within the nested environment to save on resources so what am I missing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert

Check in the WS Virtual Network Editor whether VC and Log Insight a re connected to the same uplink and network segment?

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
0 Kudos
Moif_Murphy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Figured it out.

Here's my Workstation network settings:

network_settings.jpg

All VMs inside Workstation are on VMnet2 (10.0.0.0/24)

VMnet3 is Storage on 10.0.1.0/24

VMnet4 is FT and vMotion

VMnet5 is Virtual Machines 10.0.3.0/24

For good measure I added VMnet5 to VC and DC and rebooted everything. Then I fired up the XP machine that I originally had set to 10.0.0.6 so I set it back to DHCP and then I realised it was getting the DHCP allocated address from VMnet5: 10.0.3.0/24

So I gave DC and VC addresses of 10.0.3.100 and 101 and we're now talking to everything.

0 Kudos