VMware Cloud Community
Hiront
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi realtime performance chart don`t show in vCenter 5.1a

Hi expert

My vcenter server don't show esxi performance data.

I found KB:2009291

Cannot view the realtime Performance Overview charts after upgrading to vCenter Server 5.0 (2009291)

But My vcenter version  is 5.1a. And clean install image , not upgrade.

I can show realtime performance using direct access esxi using vSphere Client

Could you tell me why can not retrieve performance data from ESXi?

Thank you

Hironori

0 Kudos
6 Replies
acme2000
Contributor
Contributor

1. It seems that you have mapped the ESXi host using IP address and not the HOST NAME or may be not. In either case follow the below given steps and the issue would resolved.
  2. Confirm that the vCenter Web Management Service is running.
  3. Ensure that the correct DNS settings and IP address are being used:
  • On the vCenter Server, navigate to C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VirtualCenter Server\extensions\com.vmware.vim.stats.report\.
  • Open extension.xml in a text editor.
  • Edit the line <url>https://FQDN.hostname:8443/statsreport/vicr.do</url> to use an IP address instead of an FQDN to rule out issues with DNS.
  • Restart vCenter Web Management Service and the vCenter Server Service after making any changes to the .xmlfile.

Do let me know if this resolves the issue.

Please hit the like button if this resolution works.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have historical performance data? Is this issue only happening for one host or all hosts? Can you see data in the advanced charts instead of the overview charts?

You can also reproduce the issue and navigate to %PROGRAMDATA%\VMware\Virtualcenter Server\logs and have a look at the stats.log or paste the java exceptions that will be written in there here for further analysis.

0 Kudos
Hiront
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
acme2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Hironori,

1) The steps which I have given you earlier should be performed on V-center server. Only then you will be able to see the Performance Review page.

It is an issue with the DNS pointing, and steps given are resolve the same.

Please perform the steps and let me know, whether the issue were resolved or not?

2) For checking performance chart using script, Can you please elaborate about what are your objective for this.

0 Kudos
Hiront
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply

I checked extention.xml file.

The http line wrote "http://*.8443/statsreportvicr.do".

They are not an IP address or a host name, either.

How do I change this line?

ESXi ipaddress or vCenter Server IP address?

Please advice me.

0 Kudos
lkjhnm
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing the same issue on ESXi 5.1

When I Right cliecked on host and then "Report Performance". I got an error saying "The metric group being selected does not support realtime statistics. Hence it will not be exported."

Also I am not getting option on for realtime on performance graphs.

0 Kudos