VMware Cloud Community
vmhelp201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenters 5.1U1a upgrade question

Hi ,

We have  five vCenters  and all are  registered in same  SSO Server. Now  want to upgrade my vCenters  from 5.1 to 5.1 U1a. What was procedure. Is it possible do  upgrade one by one?

Below plan will work?

1.Upgrade  the SSO server first

2.Upgrade the vCenter servers one by one .(3dyas gap between in each vcenter server)

Regards,

Surya

Surya
0 Kudos
4 Replies
raog
Expert
Expert

I don't see why not.. you will also have to upgrade IS at each VC.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Do you have your SSO server in HA mode? I guess with 5 vCenters and a single SSO server you are risking the environment if the SSO are not in a HA or multiside mode. Well, for the upgrade, begin with SSO, then touch each vCenter which involves upgrade of inventory service as well.

Cheers

Sunny

Regards Sunny
0 Kudos
vmhelp201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi ,

based on below link . we have to update all vcenters simultaneously.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nU0uiBRFcJgJ:blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/tag/centr...

Surya
0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

I haven't found any problems using 5.1.0b VC with the 5.1U1 SSO but if that's the recommendation we have to follow it Smiley Happy

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos