VMware Communities
DaphneB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Player Installation Error

For various reasons, I had to uninstall and now reinstall VMWare Player. The uninstall ran smoothly, however I get an error when trying to reinstall it.

VMWare - Player - 5.0.2 - 1031769

'C:\Users\Daphne\AppData\Local\Temp\vmware_1370705936\vmwareplayer_x64.msi' failed.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you validate the MD5/SHA1 checksum of the installer package against its published values to ensure the installer package is not corrupted?

Do you have a Avast Software installed like AntiVirus or Avast Internet Security?  If so you may need to completely uninstall Avast Software as this has been an issue of late for some Users.

Otherwise have a look at: Troubleshooting an MSI error during a VMware product or Tools installation (1031302)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you validate the MD5/SHA1 checksum of the installer package against its published values to ensure the installer package is not corrupted?

Do you have a Avast Software installed like AntiVirus or Avast Internet Security?  If so you may need to completely uninstall Avast Software as this has been an issue of late for some Users.

Otherwise have a look at: Troubleshooting an MSI error during a VMware product or Tools installation (1031302)

0 Kudos
DaphneB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You are brilliant! I'd kiss you if you were right in front of me!

Ok, so I managed to uninstall Avast and reinstall VMware Player. Now, however, when I try to open my ISO I get an "Error while powering on: Transport (VMDB) error -44: Message.

The following error occured when starting VMWare Player.

W32AuthConnectionLaunch: Reply error "Process creation failed".

I'll go over the link you posted to see if I can find anything there.

0 Kudos
DaphneB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, I right-clicked and ran as system administrator. I think that has solved my issue. Smiley Happy

*Keeping fingers crossed*

0 Kudos