VMware Horizon Community
novell1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 5.2 with nVidia Quattro 5000 integartion

Hi,

I have some problems with the integration of nVidia Quattro 5000. Did I vergot something? I installed the nVidia board on a DL570G7 with a additonal powercable.

The installation of the vsphere nvida driver works fine. But the serverscreen and also the iLO is dark! I do not have a screen from the vSphere 5.1U1 host.

The VDI's are Win7 and Win8 with virtual HW9 and the newest versions (agent & unity touch). In the view pool definition is hardware acceleration on automatic.

I did'nt found on web detailed info about it...

The support from nVida could't help me, because it is linux...........

My Question:

- How can I get the vSphere Screen back with nVidia board back? Video KVM is connected as normal to the HP DL580g7, not on the nVida.

- How can I I get the ilO Screen back?

- What else do I have to do on the VDI's Do I need a special Video-nVida driver?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I would recommend to read this recent whitepaper about this subject:

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-graphics-acceleration-deployment.pdf

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
LMUISHuntsville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just wanted to say that whitepaper is great.  Wraps up all the important tweaks and settings in one nice document.  Good job guys!

0 Kudos