VMware Horizon Community
NYTECJ
Contributor
Contributor

Persistent Disks

Detaching a Persistent Disk and re-attaching the disk, places it as a Secondary.  I want it to be Primary.  I understand in order to do this, I'd have to select Recreate Desktop.  Would that recreate ALL my linked clone desktops or just for one of the desktops I'm looking to attach the persistent disk?  I don't want to recreate everyone's desktop.

What I'm trying to ultimately accomplish is re-create everyone's desktop with a new one I created.  If I were to delete the Desktop, View would re-create it using the new desktop I created.  However, I want to keep the users profile intact.  So before deleting the desktop, I'd detach the persistent disk.  Or am I going about this the wrong way?

View 5.1

Linked Clones

vCenter v5

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

That would only recreate the desktop it was orignally connected to.     Is the new desktop you want to push to everyone a different OS?      If not you could just recompose the exisiting desktops which should just replace the image of the desktop with the new one you have created.  

0 Kudos
NYTECJ
Contributor
Contributor

Recomposing doesn't work.  It errors out (save it for a completely new discussion), I researched that issue which lead me to have to delete the desktop and re-create it.  However, before deleting, I'd like to save the users profile and re-attach it to the new desktop.  The very least able to get their data back.

0 Kudos