VMware Horizon Community
bcecka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Broken pinned icons

We're running Windows 7 SP1 x86 with Persona Management and I'm seeing very strange but easily reproducible behavior with pinned shortcuts on the taskbar. If I log in with a fresh profile, log off, wait for the profile to sync, then log back in I have broken shortcuts pinned on the taskbar. IE, Windows Explorer, etc. Whatever was down there is now just a generic icon that prompts to delete if I click on it. Anybody else run into this? It's a fairly simple base image with current patches, Firefox, Chrome, and Office 2010.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asherman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had this same problem. What fixed it for me was enabling the "Roam 'Local Settings' or 'AppData\Local' with the user's persona" policy. You have to add the administrative template ViewPM.adm to your group policy for your virtual desktops to have this option.

you can find all of the ADM templates on your connection server at c:\program files\vmware\vmware view\server\extras\grouppolicyfiles

another possibility is a problem with the permissions at the root of your persona share.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bcecka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As an additional piece of information, the Libraries are also broken after logging in again with an existing profile. Something inside the profile is definitely being written or read wrong, but I don't know what's causing it.

0 Kudos
asherman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had this same problem. What fixed it for me was enabling the "Roam 'Local Settings' or 'AppData\Local' with the user's persona" policy. You have to add the administrative template ViewPM.adm to your group policy for your virtual desktops to have this option.

you can find all of the ADM templates on your connection server at c:\program files\vmware\vmware view\server\extras\grouppolicyfiles

another possibility is a problem with the permissions at the root of your persona share.

0 Kudos
bcecka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We already had those policies in place, but we also had enabled the local profile data to be removed upon logoff. Once I set those to 'Not configured' everything worked great. Thanks for the response though... I'm glad to know it wasn't just us.

0 Kudos