VMware Horizon Community
Cameron2007
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

cannot connect to vCenter server because the username or password in not valid

Hi,

I have a VMware View installation version 5.1.0 (704644) and when I try to add additional Vm's to an existing pool I get the message (cannot connect to vCenter server because the username or password in not valid).

I have checked all the step below and still can't add any VM's

If you can not connect to vCenter Server:

1. Confirm that a network port exists and is available. For more information, see Increasing the number of ports assigned to a VMware View virtual switch (1026014).

2. Confirm that the necessary VMware View manager services are running. For more information, see Verifying that required VMware View Manager services are running (1026136).

3. Confirm that the network is configured correctly for use in a VMware View environment. For more information, see Network configuration in VMware View virtual desktops (1026498).

4. Confirm that name resolution is operating correctly in your environment. For more information, see Verifying DNS settings for VMware View (1026017).

5. Confirm that permissions/credentials are correct for the vCenter Server user. For more information, see Confirm permissions/credentials are correct for vCenter/VirtualCenter server user (1028705).

6. Confirm that third-party interaction issues do not exist with the operating system. For more information, see Confirming that third-party interaction issues do not exist with the operating system in a VMware Vi....

The VM's I have already assigned to this pool I can access. I can access them using the view client and also from the console.

Has anyone else seen this?

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have the same problem with other pools?   Have you went back through the vCenter configuration setup under View Configuration/Servers?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have the same problem with other pools?   Have you went back through the vCenter configuration setup under View Configuration/Servers?

0 Kudos
Cameron2007
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I've currently only got one existing pool which I can't add to. If I try and create another pool I get the same problem. I've checked ViewConfig/servers and my vCserver, the security server and then I have 2 connection servers one for internal and one for external with 2 factor using RSA the same DNS name for either internal or external.

I can connect to the VM's in the pool both over the internet and locally.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Can you go back through the vCenter configuration and edit the profile? I'm just curious about what happens if you repopulate all the information and click ok.  

Cameron2007
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

fantastic I've gone back through and edited settings. Re-entered my pasword and it worked. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos