VMware Horizon Community
Parschauer
Contributor
Contributor

View client 2.0 gives "Invalid server url" error

All other devices, Windows PC's, iPads, iPhones, etc. all connect fine. The Macbook Pro OS X 10.8.3 running the View client version 2.0 will not. It accepts the username and password fine but then errors out before the desktop shows up with the "Invalid server url" message. If I enter an incorrect password I will get that error so I know it is authenticating properly.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jo_strasser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

thats maybe a certificate issue.

Can you try to change the View Client security settings --> disable the certificate checking?

Thanks, Jo

Johannes Strasser / SDDC Architect @ Porsche Informatik GmbH
Twitter: @jo_strasser
0 Kudos
Parschauer
Contributor
Contributor

No, the view client connects fine, accepts my username and password, thinks for a few seconds, then shows that error. I have that option already set to "Do not verify server identity certs".

iPhones, iPads, Androids, etc. all connect fine. Only the OSX client will not connect.

0 Kudos
jo_strasser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

for verification:

Is the RDP protocol working?

Does ist only appers with PCoIP?

Thanks, Jo!

Johannes Strasser / SDDC Architect @ Porsche Informatik GmbH
Twitter: @jo_strasser
0 Kudos
Parschauer
Contributor
Contributor

When the login screen pops up it asks for username, password and domain. That is all the choices it offers.

Above those fields it shows

https://viewconnection               PCoIP       (the https has a red line through it but I presume that is due to the cert being self signed etc.)

Instead of the server name I have tried the actual IP address but with the same results.

0 Kudos
yuleyl
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This issue doesn't reproduce on my Mac machine (10.8.3)

Did you enabled proxy? (System Preferences->Network->Advanced->Proxies) or the DNS setting is incorrect?

If yes, please set the correct DNS (get it from IT) and disabled proxy and try again.

Thanks.

0 Kudos