VMware Workspace ONE Community
mthiha
Contributor
Contributor

workspace authentication with view

Hi All,

I just setup workspace and am gettting this error when connection to view "The View Connection Server does not support the Horizon authentication scheme."

Now I am trying to setup SAML authenticator in view. What server should i add in "YOUR HORIZON SERVER NAME".

https://<YOUR HORIZON SERVER NAME>/SAAS/API/1.0/GET/metadata/idp.xml

I have tried all 5 workspace servers "configurator-va" "connector-va" and so on. I am getting error  "Failed to add SAML 2.0 Authenticator:".

any idea ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should enter your Gateway's FQDN. I.e. whatever you entered as <FQDN> during the CLI based setup.

0 Kudos
mthiha
Contributor
Contributor

I did that but i m getting certificate problem. Please see attached.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like we've found your issue then. You add the certificate directly on the second connector. It must be a one that is for your connectors FQDN. In my setup I use a publicly signed cert for my Gateway FQDN (publicly available) and then I used my internal Microsoft CA to create the cert for the second connector.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry but my previous reply was actually for another thread..

Can you not click on view certificate and in there accept the certificate? That normally does the trick..

0 Kudos
mthiha
Contributor
Contributor

Fixed the problem. the problem is i did not put in full FQDN name of the server :smileycry:

0 Kudos