VMware Cloud Community
thomps01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Adding a network to an Organisation in 5.1

Another newbie question on 5.1 I'm affriaid which I'm sure someone here can answer. All I want to do is add a direct network connection to each of my orgs without any routing (edge devices).

In vCloud Director 1.5 there was an option on the main quick start screen to Add a network to an organisation and when you went through the wizard you could select to create an external network connection via a direct connection.

With 5.1 this menu option has been removed from the quick start menu and unless you select to configure an edge gateway during the creation of an organisation vDC it doesn't seem like the option to add an external network is available through the initial wizard.

From what I can tell the only way to do this now is to select the manage organization VDCs option, double click the org, select the Org VDC network tab and clicking the add button.

Am I correct? Is this the best way to add an external direct connected network to an org?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ndalal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, org networks are now moved as org vdc networks in 5.1

To create org vdc network, you can go to Org and within org Administrator tab -> Org vdc network tab and create one.

HTH

ndalal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Other way to create org vdc network:

In organization -> home screen

Click on link Manage VDCs(right most on the page)

Select vdc you want to create org vdc nwtork for

Click on Org vdc network tab and create one

thomps01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos