VMware Horizon Community
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Session Remote users droped

Hello,

I'm haveing a problem with one of my remote workers useing view 5.2.0 on windows 8 64bit over a vpn connection

the user is working and the session gets droped.

this problem did no happen when he was still using windwo 7 64bit

after the connection is lost you cant get the connection back with view.

if he wants te use the view again he has to first log in to his workstion at the office(desktop) and make a view connect to his virtual desktop after this he can log in with his home desktop else he cant get his vm to work

i have looked trow at the log files but not finding anything (it could be that i over looked someting)

any one any adives on how to tackel this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

here some extra info:

I dont think its to do with netwerk speed since its a 20/20(at office) and 120/12(remote location)

the home pc is windows 8 64bit

virtual computer is windows 7 pro 32bit

work station at the office is windows 7 64bit

View client is 5.2.0

view agent is 5.0

view servers are 5.0

vm hardware version is v7 1cpu 2gb mem

home users has a ipsec vpn connection

client vm has 2 networks production, management (on different vlan)

0 Kudos
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any one any idea??

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Can you give me timestamp of disconnection of user for which  you have uploaded the logs and also give me user name.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

I ran into a similiar issue with the user being disconnected from their View desktop, and unable to reconnect back to it. I was able to login via console as local Administrator and once I tried running C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Agent\DCT\support.bat the system informed me it did not have enough resources to run it.  I opened up task manager and was able to end task an iexplore.exe process.  Once I ended that process I was able to run support.bat and then the user was able to reconnect to their View desktop just fine.

Basically IE was eating up all of the RAM in the system and caused the View Agent to stop working.  I increased the RAM on our Windows 7 x64 snapshot from 2GB to 3GB and the problem has not returned.

0 Kudos
stoute
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i've passed this to my other college he wil try this and i'll get back to you to let you know if it this resolved the issue

0 Kudos
maelro
Contributor
Contributor

Ok after trying a few things it seems to beter still in the testing faze:

update esxi 5.0 to 5.1

update vcenter from 5.0 to 5.1

update view server form 5.0 to 5.0.1

update view agent for 5.0 to 5.0.1

update virtual hardware vm from v7 to v9

update view client from 5.0 to 5.2

update vmware tools for latste version for esx 5.0 to the version for 5.1

Now every thing looks good from here user is testing to see if the isue is resloved

0 Kudos