2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2013 1:48 AM by scott28tt

On-Line Training

JDLangdon Master

Has anyone completed a VMware on-line training session?  I was registered for the Optomize and Scale course locally but due to lack of interest it has since been cancelled.  My only option now is the on-line version but I have no experience with this at all.

JD

• 1. Re: On-Line Training
          Chris Wahl Master

I've done a few VMware courses online, both by VMware directly and partners. My only beef with a VMware course is the use of LockLizard for the training materials, which is type of DRM software. This requires registering a PC to open the docs in a very limited fashion. I hated it.

The actual class, however, was OK.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
          • 2. Re: On-Line Training
            scott28tt Champion
            User ModeratorsVMware EmployeesCommunity Warriors

I've delivered quite a few courses online when I worked for a VATC partner, using similar processes/tools to those that VMware use for their "live onlne" deliveries. We still shipped the paper training materials out to folks.

Webex is the main interface for audio, chat/Q&A, viewing the presentations and watching demos done by the instructor. You access the same labs remotely as you would do if you were in a classroom, and if/when you need to work in pairs the instructor creates virtual breakout rooms in Webex so you and your lab partner can talk privately.

The biggest changes are:

1. The different type of interaction you get with the instructor and other students.

2. There can be a delay in getting help from the instructor during labs.