VMware Cloud Community
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

vmware tools and heartbeat

Hello,

i just installed a heartbeat server with primary as hardware and secondary as virtual. Everything works fine except the vmware tools.

The tools service won´t start. I recieve the error message:

"Error 1053: The Service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

On all my other server the tools are running fine.

I read in the document that i could install the tools after the installation of the vmware heartbeat.

Any help will be appreciated

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

it seems to be an issue with the registry. After installing the Tools, the Service starts correct. But then, the Heartbeat Sync start and some regkeys are not available.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Tools

This key was not there. Maybe it has something to do with the sync of the registry? But i don´t know. After manual creating the key, the service starts fine.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
gsoonlee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have similar problem like you. I have a secondary Virtual Node in my environment.

I have tried to export the VMware Tools registry key and imported it and the VMware Tools Service after VCsHB removed the registry it and VMtools was able to start after. However, after a restart of the VM again to verify that the settings would sink. VCsHB would forcefully remove the keys that I have imported previously which ended up the VMware Tools would failed to start again.

Have you encounter this issue after your problem has been solved?

Any Help would be appreciate. Thanks Smiley Happy

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos