VMware Cloud Community
dalidavila
Contributor
Contributor

vco 5.1 loses database configuration when the vco configuration service is restarted

Hi,

We are configuring our server now, everything works fine at the firts time configuration, but, the problem comes when we restart de vco configuration service at the vco server, for any reason we must to do it, just because we have made a new plug-in configuration or just simulating a server failure or server restart. every configuration data remains except for the database configuration information which is lost and then the vco service try to use default data but this obviously fails. by the way we have configured (in right way) the ODBC driver for the Database connection on the vco server, proof of that is that at the first time configuration everything works fine. We just dont know what to do. can you help us, please ?

Image of the vco configuration service on ok state:

bueno.JPG

Image after restar the vco configuration service:

malo.JPG

and this is the information saved on the logs:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2012/12/13 10:53:07 | java.text.ParseException: Can not parse database URL
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2012/12/13 10:53:07 |     at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.database.DB_SQLServer.setConnectionBody(DB_SQLServer.java:250)
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2012/12/13 10:53:07 |     at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.database.DB_Generic.setConnectionUrl(DB_Generic.java:81)
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2012/12/13 10:53:07 |     at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.database.DBFactory.load(DBFactory.java:74)
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2012/12/13 10:53:07 |     at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.database.Config_Database.loadForValidation(Config_Database.java:135)
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2012/12/13 10:53:07 |     at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.database.Config_Database.validateConfiguration(Config_Database.java:119)
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2012/12/13 10:53:07 |     at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.ConfigurationEntry.validate(ConfigurationEntry.java:176)
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2012/12/13 10:53:07 |     at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.ConfigurationEntry.access$000(ConfigurationEntry.java:24)
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2012/12/13 10:53:07 |     at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.ConfigurationEntry$1.run(ConfigurationEntry.java:82)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dali_Davila
Contributor
Contributor

I had to change my account at MyVmware, but I still being me :smileyplain:, And this still being a question with no answer.

0 Kudos
radostin
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Dali,

Can you check what is the DB URL (connection-url) saved in the following file:

<Path to vCenter Orchestrator>\app-server\server\vmo\deploy\vmo-server\vmo-ds.xml

Regards,

Radostin

0 Kudos
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this patch noted from my Orchestrator 5.1 build - KB: 2073036. I had problems with specific database settings persistence as well, and it helped.

0 Kudos