VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

Sizing vCenter Server on an Oracle database

I'm attempting to determine exactly how much space my vCenter Server data is using on my Oracle database.  The size of the .dbf file is 120GB.  However, as you can see in the diagram not all of the space inside the .dbf file seems to be actual data.  I'm tryng to figure out how big the data will actually be if I move vCenter Server to SQL Server so I can size my SQL server.  How can I tell what my actual data usage is?  Any tips / pointers appreciated.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

you can use the database calculator to get a pretty good idea of how to size your SQL DB.

Also, if you have vCenter already, you can look at the vCenter Server Settings and Statistics and put some numbers together for DB size.

StageCoach20111
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks.   So then am I correct in understanding that you can't really take the size of your existing Oracle database as a reference point - you need to use the figures in this document as a reference point like number of virtual machines, number of hosts, etc?

Using the size of your existing Oracle database as a reference point doesn't really help?

0 Kudos