Contributor

transport vmdb error 44

transport vmdb error 44 vmware authorisation service is not running

Tags (2)
10 Replies
nsusheelgoud
Contributor
Contributor

hi actually while power on machine it had thrown error  transport vmdb error 44 (vmware authorization seervice not running,then after i have tried to strart the service vmware auth..... it thrown an error message error 1075 the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion

please find the attachment

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

My suggestion would be to reboot the system, uninstall whatever VMware Product you're using and then reboot again.  Now reinstall whatever VMware Product you're using.  (Which by the way you failed to mention and always should, at a minimum, include the Host OS version and VMware Product version information when asking for assistance! Smiley Wink)

0 Kudos
nsusheelgoud
Contributor
Contributor

i am using vaio windows 7 basic,vmware 9  and this is the second time i got the same problem , at first time i have done done the steps what u have been mentioned

0 Kudos
Neau
Contributor
Contributor

A simple repair, using the VMWare installer will fix the problem. Smiley Happy

AlexS2011
Contributor
Contributor

Running the repair option or re-installing will provide a temp fix, but the fault will re-appear within a few weeks.

I have to repair/reinstall Vmware 9 on several PC's every week. ( out of 100 PC's across 4 PC teaching labs ).

The only known way to fix the issue at the moment is to run a repair/reinstall and then use the product with a

login code with Administrator equivalence. ( Thereby bypassing the VMauthorisation service which has the fault ).

This isn't an option in an Educational enviroment as users cannot be given Administrator equivalence.

I await an update from VMware that fixes this issue as in my opinion it's quite an important one.

0 Kudos
KeRo6872
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with Alex, i also have this issue and so far i have not seen a proper fix.

Can someone from VMware provide a proper fix?

0 Kudos
dianb
Contributor
Contributor

Ive also had this problem which I fixed by doing a repair which isnt good enough.

0 Kudos
john_son915
Contributor
Contributor

I've got this problem recently and i found out the solution.

These issue is related to the VMware Authorization services, if you're running in the windows desktop kindly go through this steps.

Start>Control Panel>administrative tools>Services>

check if the  VMware Authorization Services is running or not. if not then you have to click start services.

hope this will works!

CHEERS!!!!

manirat
Contributor
Contributor

john_son915 thnkz,it workedSmiley Happy

0 Kudos