VMware Cloud Community
AUTMatt
Contributor
Contributor

Failed to refresh storage profiles data from vCenter Server

I am hitting this error in vCloud Director 5.1 and it is stopping me in my tracks.  Perhaps I should work for VMWare to QA this thing.

Seem to be getting some sort of error about non-unique result exception, but not sure how to resolve.

"Failed to refresh storage profiles data from vCenter Server "myvc.domainname.local".

In vCloud Logs:

2012-09-20 16:03:24,638 | ERROR    | Quartz-pool-1-thread-1    | VirtualCenterService           | Error doing spbm data collection on 9a78b3e4-c19a-4ebb-afc2-ae9906a87c6e |
org.hibernate.NonUniqueResultException: query did not return a unique result: 2

at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractQueryImpl.uniqueElement(AbstractQueryImpl.java:844)
        at org.hibernate.impl.CriteriaImpl.uniqueResult(CriteriaImpl.java:328)

....more java stuff removed...

2012-09-20 16:03:24,657 | DEBUG    | Quartz-pool-1-thread-1    | SpbmCollectorJob               | Failed to collect Storage Profiles data from 9a78b3e4-c19a-4ebb-afc2-ae9906a87c6e |
org.hibernate.NonUniqueResultException: query did not return a unique result: 2
        at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractQueryImpl.uniqueElement(AbstractQueryImpl.java:844)
        at org.hibernate.impl.CriteriaImpl.uniqueResult(CriteriaImpl.java:328)

....more java stuff removed...

0 Kudos
8 Replies
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Matt,

Please raise support request with VMware GSS wtih vCloud logs . As you said we have to crack down the logs Smiley Happy .

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1026312

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Having that same issue. What was the fix?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AUTMatt
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I didn't pursue a fix.

I was early in the implementation, so was able to back out and remove/re-add the vCenter association.

0 Kudos
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Damn. We having the same issue and cant rebuild. I've rebooted VC and vCloud Director but still no dice. Not sure were to go from here, might need to open another support case.

0 Kudos
pbosgraaf
Contributor
Contributor

Did you happen to get a fix?

I'm facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Guys, please go to the vcenter server and ensure that your;

VMware vCenter Inventory Service

VMware vCenter Profile Driven Storage Service

are running, if not then;

1. Disable vCenter in vCD > Manage & Monitor

2. Start the services

3. Enable vCenter in vCD

4. Refresh Storage Profile on the vCenter again.

This should hopefully fix this error.

Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos
AUTMatt
Contributor
Contributor

vsrivastava,

The "NonUniqueResultException: query did not return a unique result: 2" issue is not solvable by restarting services.  That is the first thing tried.  VCD has been rebuilt and hopefully won't see this issue in the future.

0 Kudos
FirstByte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Got the same issue in vCenter Server 6.0 installation, with vCloud Director 5.5.4

Error in vCloud is: "Collecting Profile-Driven Storage Service data failed on this vCenter Server."

Error is vCenter is: "A general system error occurred: PBM error occurred during PreCloneCheckCallback: Operation timed out"

Have had a VMware SR raised for last 5 days now, with still no resolution. Have restarted SPS service, Inventory service; we've reset the Inventory Database; we've recreated Storage Profiles in vCenter; we've uninstalled/reinstalled vCenter Server; we've shrunk the VC database, we've reinstalled vCloud Director, and still this error pops up.

It is intermittent when deploying vApps from vCloud, or sometimes even just when powering on VMs, ie. we can have stable environment for 30-60 mins before it all hangs with this error, until we reboot the VC.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos