VMware Horizon Community
nonsparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Disable Single Sign on View 5.1.1

I have the View Agent GPO AllowSingleSign on set to disabled and it worked in my View 5.0 environment. I have set up a View 5.1.1 enviroenment and is seems as tho this policy no longer applies.

I also noticed that the Interactive Login message boxes no longer break the Single Sign On process. Is this an undocumented improvement? If so how do I disable Single Sign On if the GPO no longer works?

Twitter @thickguythinapp
Website thickguythinapp.com
0 Kudos
4 Replies
nonsparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok the GPO works I just got a little impatient. I am still curious to know if their has been improvements to SSO.

Twitter @thickguythinapp
Website thickguythinapp.com
0 Kudos
DeaconZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where is this GPO setting? I'd like to know because I am currently using RSA tokens with View, but in order for it to work, you can't install RSA agent on the actual View server itself (for Windows OS logon) or RSA gets confused. If I can disable SSO, I can install RSA on the VM Desktop and leave View Manager w/ RSA disabled. This will allow me to also install RSA on the View server's OS.

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Details on it are in the View 5.1 Admin Guide on page 163. The policy is labeled AllowSingleSignon.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you having any specific challenges with SSO that you're looking for info on?

We did add support for login banners in one of the 4.x releases I believe.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos