VMware Horizon Community
bcbomb47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to logon as current user.

I have never been able to get the "Log in as current user:" feature to work on our system. If I check the box, it gives me the error: "The View Connection Server authentication failed. Unable to logon as current user." I can then click OK and type my password and login just fine. It just won't automatically log me in. I have attached the VMware View Client diagnostics log files from my client machine so hopefully someone can help me out with this issue. Thanks!

--Brian

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Is the client on the domain?   I assume your using the same password sucesfully login that your currently loggedin as? 

0 Kudos
bcbomb47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes this machine is on the domain and I am logging into the view client with the same username and password as this workstation.

-Brian

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Is it isolated to this single client or can you duplicate it on multiple clients? 

0 Kudos
JCL225
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Going to chime in also in additional to mittim12 's question.

Does it happen across mutliple usernames? (logged in to windows on the client)

I've had this happen on select machines and it usually came down to the local profile of the user logged in to the client workstation.

I was not able to narrow it down to the specific setting, but after backing up the user's data and wiping out the local profile (network location also if using roaming profiles / persona management) was able to get it working.

0 Kudos
bcbomb47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, apparently it's only affecting my user. I thought I had tried logging in with other users but I guess not. 😕 I logged on to my Windows workstation as two other people and both of them connected to the pool right away. I'd rather not blow away my profile to fix this issue. I'd like to know what's going on in case I need to fix it again in the future for another user. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Instead of blowing away the profile you could perhaps try to blow away the VMware portions of the profile and see if corrects the issues. 

0 Kudos
bcbomb47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Could you list the folders that I would need to clear out to reset the VMware part of the profile? I tried deleting the %appdata%/VMware files but that didn't correct the issue.

--Brian

0 Kudos
vbouchaud
Contributor
Contributor

Did you read "Using the Log In as Current User Feature" p55, 56 from (http://pubs.vmware.com/view-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-50-architecture-planning.pdf) ?

edit: I had the same issue. Time wasn't synchronised...

0 Kudos