Check this out kb/2465772 from ms
looks like a win 2008 problem not a vmware one..
Thanks, I will test this and let you know if it resolves this.
I have the same problem on my fileserver, any help on apply the windows hotfix?
I am also face the same probelms once i will troubleshooting and posted here...
So I am having the same issue with Event ID 7011 for the VMTools service, on my 2008 R2 DC. I get this error every 30 seconds, non-stop, 24/7. Do you have any resolution?
Experienced the issue today, this is what resolved it for me. Note that reboots are required.
- Stop the VMware Tools service.
- Uninstall VMware Tools through Control Panel.
- Delete the VMware Tools folder that is under Program Files -> VMware
- Per this tech note, do an interactive upgrade/install of VMware Tools.
- Launch a command prompt, switch to Drive that has CD-Rom on it, and run setup64 /c (for 64-bit systems)
- Then through the GUI go to the drive and install tools.
- Reboot, and error has not re-appeared.
Hope that helps someone.
Was the VMtools indicated as "Out of date" in your case? Thanks!
Just updated a number of VMs and one showed same symptoms as in this thread.
I did the steps as shown above and now the Tools are stable. Our version of ESXi is 6.0 U1.
Thanks for posting.
Had a print server act up after Windows updates. We don't know what the actual cause was but re-installing VMTools per the suggestion resolved our issues.