VMware Cloud Community
rajeshkongu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Packet loss on few Vm's

HI All,

Recently we are getting too many alerts hp ovo agent on few vm as node down(due to packet loss). on checking the vm no issues were found and the vm are up more than 15 days and event i cont find any alert on the task and event on vsphere  . but still we are receiving the alert. how to verify the packet loss and why it is happening

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BharatR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

how to verify the packet loss and why it is happening

Can u attach the snap of the event which is triggered.

Best regards, BharatR--VCP4-Certification #: 79230, If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
rickardnobel
Champion
Champion

rajeshkongu wrote:

HI All,

Recently we are getting too many alerts hp ovo agent on few vm as node down(due to packet loss). on checking the vm no issues were found and the vm are up more than 15 days and event i cont find any alert on the task and event on vsphere  . but still we are receiving the alert. how to verify the packet loss and why it is happening

Have you checked in the vSphere Client performance graphs for Network packet loss?

Do you in general experience high CPU load and / or high network traffic in your ESXi host?

My VMware blog: www.rickardnobel.se
0 Kudos
sparrowangelste
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

in the past I've noticed ports on switches do go bad so that too could be an issue?

or are there other VMs on the same physical port that have no issue?

--------------------- Sparrowangelstechnology : Vmware lover http://sparrowangelstechnology.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
rajeshkongu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi ,

The alert was tiggered by hp ovo agent ( installed in each vm ). once we received the ticket from our helpdesk and we check the machine it's running properly and we check the alerts in vcenter but vcenter doesn't shown anything alert/event on that time.  i.e ovo tiggeres an alert at 8.7 pm we receive ticket only at 10 pm, on that time the machine was running propperly, the pocket drops happens randomly and it takes 1 or 2 minutes only. on that time there is no alret regrading this pocket drop in vcenter.

Any suggestion

Regards,

Karthick.

0 Kudos
v-4-virtual
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hoa many VMs on the same host facing this issue ?

Do you see this when you migrate the VM to other hosts ?

Have verified speed and duplex settings on nic and switch ?

Virtual V Th!nk V!rtuaL!!! | http://v4virtual.blogspot.com
0 Kudos