VMware Cloud Community
aaragao
Contributor
Contributor

vmware machine

Hi,

I'm having a vmware machine running CentOS5.8. The virtual machine resides on an vdisk in the EVA4400. Every times I create a new vdisk on EVA4400 I get this messages on my CentOS5.8 machine:

sd 0:0:0:0: Warning! Received an indication that the LUN assignments on this target have changed. The Linux SCSI layer does not automatically remap LUN assignments.
sd 0:0:1:0: Warning! Received an indication that the LUN assignments on this target have changed. The Linux SCSI layer does not automatically remap LUN assignments.

I use ESx3.5 server linked to EVA4400 using FC.

Any clues?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
beckham007fifa

0 Kudos
aaragao
Contributor
Contributor

My vmware machine doesn't use any iscsi volumes. The esx3.5 host use FC to connect to EVA4400.

0 Kudos
aaragao
Contributor
Contributor

I only created a new vdisk to present to the esx3.5 host but vmhba still the same for vmware machine.

0 Kudos
poparait
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have similar problem on Oracle Linux and vmware

I have two machines and shared virtual disk.

I didn't add any new virtual disk, but I keep getting this message on both my virtual machines.

Warning! Received an indication that the LUN assignments on this target have changed. The Linux SCSI layer does not automatically remap LUN assignments.

I'm not using iscsi, this is logical disk created on vmware and connected as shared disk to Oracle Linux machines.

0 Kudos