2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2012 9:50 AM by raiford

Crash on WTP...

raiford Enthusiast

I appologize if I should show info from a log somewhere..  This is the result of running vmware from the command line.  I believe it has been crashing when someone else opens a network vm at the same time I have it open.

$ vmware
      Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module": libpk-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      Logging to /tmp/vmware-jon/vmware-modconfig-9267.log
      filename:       /lib/modules/3.4.0-1.fc17.x86_64/misc/vmmon.ko
      supported:      external
      license:        GPL v2
      description:    VMware Virtual Machine Monitor.
      author:         VMware, Inc.
      depends:       
      vermagic:       3.4.0-1.fc17.x86_64 SMP mod_unload
      PID: 9262, log output: /tmp/vmware-jon/vmware-ui-9262.log
      USBGL: Connected to arbitrator socket: 13
      Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module": libpk-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      Failed to get guest app info hash: Internal error
      Failed to get guest app info hash: Internal error
      Un-annotated fault received from server.
      Failed to get guest launch hierarchy: VmodlVmomiFaultNotSupported error
      Un-annotated fault received from server.
      Failed to get guest launch hierarchy: VmodlVmomiFaultNotSupported error
      SWBRecordDeliverySteps: Invalid screen ID 0x0
      SWBRecordDeliverySteps: Invalid screen ID 0x0
      DeleteObj: Deleting MsgQuestionVIM object: 7F67FA6FF720
      GLib-GObject: IA__g_object_get_valist: object class `VmodlVimComputeResourceConfigInfo' has no property named `dasConfig'
      GLib: g_strsplit: assertion `string != NULL' failed
      Caught signal 11 -- pid 9262

The core dump limit is set to ZERO; no core dump should be expected
      [1]    9262 abort      vmware

• 1. Re: Crash on WTP...
          mfelker Expert

I see the host Fedora 17 with kernel 3.4 but I can't  see the guert  I get this error messages fairly frequently

$ vmware
          Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module":

it has always been non-fatal.  have you tried running VMware as the su from the command line?  Similar output?

Waht are the hardware specs?  AMD processor?

• 2. Re: Crash on WTP...
            raiford Enthusiast

Thanks for responding..  As you mention, those Gtk Messages are not fatal.  I think that is something with Fedora and nothing with VMWare.  The dump I posted in the OP actually shows a different problem that *was* fatal.  What happened was I was connected to a network VM.  As soon as someone else joined the VM, my VMWare Workstation crashed as shown.  I share network VM's frequently, so this doesn't always happen.  I can say that when it does happen, its usually when someone joins a VM that I'm also connected to.  This crash is not frequent.  In fact it hasn't happened again since the original post.  In total it has probably happened a dozen times.  It does seem more stable now, so maybe some of the Fedora fixes took care of it?  Dunno..