VMware Cloud Community
sgunelius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Poor Performance - W2K8R2 VM running Weblogic/JRockit

Good evening.  I've got a VM (4 vCPU, 8GB vRAM) that is reportedly performing poorly (developer stated they see a GET_SYSTEM_AUDIT_INFO request and another request take 44 seconds to complete, when they normally take 0.6 seconds when the system is running well).  I don't see anything to indicate a resource contention issue on the host (ESXi 4.1-502767, HP ProLiant BL460 G7, dual hexa-core pCPU, 32GB RAM) or anything within the guest OS (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1) to indicate a problem.  There's nothing in the System or Application event logs in the guest.  This host is only supporting this VM and another similar VM (2 vCPU, 2GB vRAM), so I can't imagine there's a resource issue.  I'm perusing some of the best practice docs for running Java on VM, but nothing jumped out.  I did set the memory reservation to match the 8GB allocated just to make sure.  I'm probably going to open a support call with HP/VMware, but wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience.  Thank you very much.

Scott

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi sgunelius

Welcome to the communites

pleae let us its intermittent problem or not .

And what about antivirus ?

"Life is never easy for those who dream"
0 Kudos
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I had similar issues running Java applications on Win7 and followed http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=1008480 for increase in performance to a little better.

Also, just to confirm, the JRocket application is indeed a memory application. you might also want to overcommit the memory of that VM.

0 Kudos