VMware Cloud Community
kopper27
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

ESXi 4.1 U2 hosts disconnected

hi guys

I previously had all my 12 ESXi hosts version 4.0 and I updated to ESXi 4.1 Update 2 from scratch complete new installation.

Now my hosts are continuosly being disconnected it happends like every 8 days. Like every 8 days one host gets disconnected and there is no way to get the host back I have to manually reboot the hosts.

I had vCenter 4.1 update 1 and I just upgrade to vCenter 4.1 update 2

Any idea why these continuos disconnected status?

logs from last time

Alarm 'Host connection failure': an SNMP trap for entity ---------- was sent info 27/05/2012 05:48:51 p.m.
Alarm 'Host connection lost' on ------------------ cannot  send email to error 27/05/2012 05:48:51 p.m.
Alarm 'Host connection and power state' on  ------------------- cannot send email to error 27/05/2012 05:48:51 p.m.
thanks a lot
0 Kudos
5 Replies
john23
Commander
Commander

can you check this kb...

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101164...

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos
kopper27
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

thanks a lot

I've checked that before....the hosts were OK but I just added the vCenter IP since it was empty

1. Administration > vCenter Server Settings.
  2. Click Runtime Settings.

and after that I reconfigured HA

0 Kudos
kopper27
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

but the way is there any recent updates or patches after ESXi 4.1 update 2?

0 Kudos
john23
Commander
Commander

No idea about latest patch..

Anyhow ...disconnect host vpxa logs gives any useful info other than mention above?

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos
kopper27
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

no I think I have to configure the logs since I understand when the host is rebooted ( I had to reboot the last time) logs are gone....

So I am thinking to configuring this logs

thanks

0 Kudos