VMware Cloud Community
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

VMware vCM 5.5 ISO Installed Failed -

Foundation Checker results failed in "Operating Systems->OS.Config.User.Domain->Error->The current user is a local user and doe snot have domain credentials".

Is this a bug or something by chance?  I have used 3 different domain accounts and no luck:

1. domain\administrator =>domain admin account failed

2. domain\myaccount->has domain admin permission failed too

3. domain\vcmservices->service account without any admin domain permission still failed

I'm wondering if this is a bug or why its checking domain accounts, and failed when using domain accounts?  I'm thinking about edit the LMHOST files but not even sure if this fix any one has any clue would be great.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
11 Replies
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

Is the server you are trying to install VCM on part of the domain you are using the credentials on? It sounds like the authentication of the accounts isn't working correctly.

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

The server is joined to the domain already and logged to all 3 types of accounts I've mentioned and still has error.  

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Are all three accounts local administrators of the VCM server? I know this sounds backwards to the error you are getting but the service account that is going to be used needs to be part of the local administrators group.

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Yes, I've did the same:

1. domain\administrator ->this has full domain admins for both local/domain

2. domain\snguyen ->this is full domain admins as well as local admin

3. domain\vcmservices->domain user account only, but i tried domain\snguyen and domain\administrator same error.

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have you tried creating an lmhosts entry to check if this works so you can ensure it is a routing problem?

Have you created a static entry in DNS and DHCP for the server?

Gregg

0 Kudos
astrahl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

In regards to this error:

Foundation Checker results failed in "Operating  Systems->OS.Config.User.Domain->Error->The current user is a  local user and doe snot have domain credentials".

No, this is not a bug. This is an enviromental issue.

Has the machine been harden in any way? There are well known issues with harding the vCM server before the installation.

Are you logged on as a local user or using cached credentials when attempting the installation?

Can you ping the Primary DC by short name and IP? If so,  then no need to modify the Host File. If not, you have DNS issues that  need to be addressed before attempting the installation.

Are you getting any errors in the Windows Event Logs? If so, what are they?

Have you disabled the windows firewall? This cause failures during installation.

Is UAC disabled?

Have you tried removing the machine from the domain and re-adding it? There maybe something wrong with the machine account.

If none of these address your issue you'll need to log a case with support

azn2kew
Champion
Champion

DNS entry already exist when i joined to AD, both forward/reverse records there.  I don't know why we need DHCP entry for what purpose, but my router does DHCP instead of AD, if that is requires let me know I can have DHCP loaded.

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sorry i should have been more clear, i meant a static IP address assigned to the server rather than enabling DHCP.

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

I finally resolved the issue, looked at my AD event log something wrong with authentication, so internal lab we have two DC01, DC02, and since i dont' need both online at once since its a lab, i powered off DC01 and left DC02, so for some reason it didn't have replicated data from DC01 so it keeps giving me error, so i decided to bring DC01 back online and the installation went smoothly with that user account issues.

Thanks for feedbacks Greg!

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Smiley Happy Awesome, glad you found the solution in the end.

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Marked as assumed answered

0 Kudos