The workflows aren't a big deal... the database is since Perspectives uses its own db... you should delete any tables created by the installation of the Perspectives plugin, then force a re-install of the plugin and restart the vCO server.
I did remove two tables that I "think" were for the perspectives plugin.
One was obviously the perspectives table. The other was labeled something along the lines of "WTTY_tasks"
forcing a reinstall doesnt seem to have helped.
OK, So I have removed the plugin, tried reinstalling it, tried doing a "reset current version" to reload all of the plugins...
When the perspective plugin is added and the server is restarted it seems to never complete the reinstall.
The service never fully starts up.
In the plug-ins panel, the perspectives plugin says "Will perform installation at next server startup.", but it never does compelete the install.
In the logs, I see something like this:2012-04-23 10:48:55.849-0500 INFO [SDKModuleDescription] Performing server side installation for plug-in 'Perspectives'2012-04-23 10:48:55.849-0500 DEBUG [SDKModuleDescription] Performing server side installation action 'Perspectives' -> 'Script execution'2012-04-23 10:48:55.864-0500 DEBUG [ScriptUnitContext] Starting script context : myusername2012-04-23 10:48:55.864-0500 DEBUG [CallCollectorCenter] Registering call collector : VSOFactory-cache2012-04-23 10:48:55.864-0500 DEBUG [SharedVSOFactoryClient] << connecting shared factory !2012-04-23 10:48:55.864-0500 DEBUG [SharedVSOFactoryClient] Start internal connection to VMO server : 192.168.1.1:82302012-04-23 10:48:55.864-0500 DEBUG [SharedVSOFactoryClient] JNDI Connect to : 192.168.1.1:82302012-04-23 10:48:55.864-0500 DEBUG [SharedVSOFactoryClient] Create Session2012-04-23 10:48:55.880-0500 DEBUG [VSOFactoryBean] --VSOFactory initializing... [for user 'myusername']2012-04-23 10:48:55.896-0500 DEBUG [MSPluginFactory] LDAP connection set to match VSO one !2012-04-23 10:48:55.896-0500 DEBUG [MSPluginFactory] Full url is 'ldap://192.168.1.2:389/DC=services,DC=domain,DC=com ldap://192.168.1.2:389/DC=services,DC=domain,DC=com'2012-04-23 10:48:55.896-0500 DEBUG [MSConnectionHelper] Use specific LDAP configuration.2012-04-23 10:48:55.911-0500 ERROR [MSPluginFactory] Unable to create initial LDAP Contextjavax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, vece�]
any ideas about where to go next in order to get this working again?
1 person found this helpful
Have you checked if the user set up on the plug-in tab has a valid password / proper permissions ?
Damn, Joerg got my workflow that post an answer before someone has the time to submit.
Yeah, just once in a lifetime I was faster !
Let's just hope it fixes the problem ...
LDAP should be configured correctly.
It is the same config I was using before migrating back to the windows vco server..
I do a test login via the LDAP panel, and it says:
"User logged in successfully : myusername User is member of vCO administration group."
Did you check the user specified on the plug-in page ?
These may be irrelevant, but I have to ask anyways since these both cause unforseen complications:
- Do you have over 3GB of memory allocated to this server?
- Do you have the VIX Plug-in installed
- If VIX Plug-in is installed, have you extracted the library files to a folder on your vCO server and added that folder to the System PATH environment variable?
I poked around the logs a little more and saw an error regarding a vix plugin not being available.
I removed the vix plugin
I removed the perspectives plugin
rebooted the server
added the perspectives plugin
it installed! (woot!)
webview still didnt work for some reason.
I manually re-imported the perspectives package
checked and saw that the perspectives web view was working now.
re-installed the vix plugin.
re-started the service.
everything seems ok so far.
we'll see if it lasts.
I had a feeling the VIX plug-in may have been the case as the symptoms were a bit strange and the other steps taken for the reinstall had already been completed. Glad you got it working now.
That may not have been as irrelevant as you might have thought.
I am using 4GB of RAM.
I did NOT have the VIX plugin configure correctly. I think that was my issue.
After the install of orchetrator was done I just uploaded all of my plugins.
That was dumb.
Then I got so hung up on the perspective plugin, I didnt see the proverbial forest for the trees.