5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2013 12:09 AM by revancable99

POWERCLI: ADD-VMHOST NOT ENOUGH LICENSE ERROR

revancable Lurker

hello,

I post here my question because VMware support can't help me with powercli question...

I am automatising the installation of ESXi.

At the part in powercli, add the ESXi to Vcenter, I got an error saying I dont have enought license.

Command: Add-VMHost -Name "$esx" -Location ($rootlocation) -User root -Password xxx -force:$true

I can see the ESX is comming to the vcentre, then at the end the error msg:

Add-VMHost : 18.04.2012 14:17:05 Add-VMHost The operation for the entity Folder-group-h4 failed with the following message: "Aucune li cence n'est disponible pour effectuer l'opération." At S:\VMWare\ESXi_Migration\test3.ps1:15 char:11 + Add-VMHost <<<< -Name "$esx" -Location ($rootlocation) -User root -Pa ssword xxx -force:$true + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-VMHost], NotEnough Licenses + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Client20_TaskServiceImpl_CheckServerSideT askUpdates_OperationFailed,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Comm ands.AddVMHost

When I added it manually, I have much enought license. I checked in license manager too. I know how to add a license key to an esx: http://damiankarlson.com/2010/09/06/vsphere-licensing-via-powercli/

There is no option in Add-vmhost to specify the license, or just put the evaluation license.

Same error occured on all our vcenter.

Can you help me? Maybe we can set the licence before to do the add-vmhost to vcenter..

Thank you. Greg.