I am currently having vSphere 4.1 environment. With this setup, I am able to deploy our Windows-based vCenter server as a VM applied with VMware heartbeat, etc.
With the release of vSphere 5 u1, i am looking into deploying this version utilizing the diskless/stateless as an advantage. but this put me into these questions:
1. How Should i load/start my vcenter+autodeploy as a VM?
2. Would there be any drawback if i load my vCenter+Autodeploy as a VM within the stateless clusters of hosts?
3. What would happen if eventually (considering a worst case scenario) all my cluster hosts shuts off? (e.g. hosts loses power)
4. What can you suggest as a design/approach?
5. is stateless vpshere design applicable/recommended for large-scale and critical environment?
Thank you very much.
good thing i found the following blog and helpful tips from VMware
Best Practice and tips: