1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 4:32 AM by Vision1988

Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...

davidV3 Novice

Just wondering if anyone has seen this error and how I might fix it. I can run local workloads just fine, but Remote or Passive workloads do not start. It gets as far as "Waiting for VMs to settle..." and then this appears in the log:

Unhandled Error

Traceback from remote host -- Traceback unavailable

2012-04-13 20:49:19,053 ERROR    Error from the remote: Error in mapping prefixes with error: 2004: Error in mapping VM Prefixes to Pools: string indices must be integers, not str
      Traceback:
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "C:\Package\listener.py", line 152, in remote_mapPrefixToPool
        File "C:\Package\viewadmin.py", line 133, in mapPrefixToPool
      TypeError: string indices must be integers, not str
      2012-04-13 20:49:19,736 DEBUG    Returning the current status: 0 with message (-1, 'Error in mapping prefixes with error: 2004: Error in mapping VM Prefixes to Pools: string indices must be integers, not str\n Traceback:\n Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "C:\\Package\\listener.py", line 152, in remote_mapPrefixToPool\n  File "C:\\Package\\viewadmin.py", line 133, in mapPrefixToPool\nTypeError: string indices must be integers, not str\n. Please see viewplanner.log for more details')
      2012-04-13 20:49:23,720 DEBUG    Waiting for the prefixes map to be fetched from View server...

That last messge repeats indefinitely. Any idea what may have gone wrong?

• 1. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
          Hot Shot

This may be an idle session issue with the agent in View connection server. I have attached three files that you can overwrite and then restart the VMware View Planner Agent service.

1) Overwirte the listener.pyc and viewadmin.pyc in C: directory and __init__.pyc in c:\view-python-apis\mfw\channel" directory.

2) Restart the VMware View Planner Agent service.

This should fix the issue. You may want to restart the vdiappd service on harness (service vdiappd restart) before the next run.

• 2. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
            davidV3 Novice

Thank you for the quick reply Banit.

I tried your recommendation and replaced those 3 files on the View Connection Server. Unfortunately after restarting services, the problem remains. I also tried rebooting all machines in the environment to make sure the change took effect, but I still get the same error.

Would I need to replace listener.pyc on any other machines? Any other ideas?

• 3. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
              davidV3 Novice

I was able to get some output from the View Connection server by running server.pyc manually. The last two lines in the traceback are:

File "C:\Package\listener.py", line 170, in remote_mapPrefixToPool

exceptions.UnboundLocalError: local variable 'prefixMap' referenced before assignment

Is there something environment-specific I should look at?

• 4. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                Hot Shot

Can you run C:\listener.pyc on a command prompt and tell me if you see any error?

• 5. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                  davidV3 Novice

Here's the output, I replaced my specific environment variables...

C:\>listener.pyc

<ViewPlannerIP> <ViewConnectionServerIP> <username> <password> <domain>

File "C:\Package\listener.py", line 206, in (module)

File "C:\Package\listener.py", line 200, in main

File "C:\Package\viewadmin.py", line 24, in printPools

TyperError: string indices must be integers, not str

• 6. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                    Hot Shot

This sounds like an authentication issue. Is your credentials correct in IP.txt file in C: drive of your View server?

Alternatively, you can try blank for these entries and then run listener,pyc and send the output?

LOGIN=

PASSWORD=

DOMAIN=

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                      davidV3 Novice

I dug into this a bit more. Apparently the View Connection Server VM was in the domain, but the log showed some NULL SID errors. Removing and re-adding the machine to the domain did not fix it. In the end, I sysprepped the View Connection Server to regenerate its SID, and then added it to the domain. This appears to have fixed the authentication issue and I am able to get a bit further. Yay!

So now, I have one more problem... it appears that the harness machine is not able to send commands to the client machine:

2012-04-18 17:07:25,223 INFO     Running query: UPDATE testinfo SET test_name = "222remote", protocol = "View-PCoIP", username = "PowerUsers_1", password = "Q1w2e3r4!",             test_state = "Running", start_time = "2012-04-18 17:06:23" where test_id = 3569
                      2012-04-18 17:07:25,224 INFO     executing remote command with args: client: 10.55.136.116, server: 10.55.0.6, protocol: View-PCoIP, test_name: 222remote, vmuser: PowerUsers_1, vmpasswd: Q1w2e3r4!, workprofile: {'IEbpm': 1L, 'ARbpm': 1L, 'Thinktime': 20L, 'name': 'twoIters', 'hosttime': 1, 'random': 1, 'Iterations': 2L, 'wpm': 60L, 'video': 0L, 'applist': 'WORD,EXCEL_SORT,ACROBAT,IE_APACHEDOC,7ZIP,PPT,FIREFOX,OUTLOOK,IE_WEBALBUM,VIDEO'}, poolname: Tester, domainname: LAB
                      2012-04-18 17:07:25,224 INFO     adding callback function for getting the remote root object for ipaddr: 10.55.136.116
                      Unhandled error in Deferred:
                      Unhandled Error
                      Failure: twisted.internet.error.ConnectionRefusedError: Connection was refused by other side: 111: Connection refused.

I can get the test to kick-off by manually logging into the client machine and running the View Client with those params. Per the instructions there are no firewalls on any of these test machines. Any idea why that connection might be refused?

So close...

• 8. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                        Hot Shot

That's great to hear.

Regarding the client connection issue, there can be some of these issues:

1. check if the client IP is same as the harness is trying to connect?

2. Is there a command window open in client running "python interactive_listener.pyc" ?

• 9. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                          davidV3 Novice

I got it working. Just had to remove the VM from the domain.

Thanks for all the help!

• 10. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                            ashettyRVBD Lurker

Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm seeing the same error.

Unhandled Error
                            Failure: twisted.internet.error.ConnectionRefusedError: Connection was refused by other side: 111: Connection refused.

In my case, the client is not part of the domain and is waiting at the login screen. If I log in as administrator, then I do see the python listener script running. any suggestions on how to get past this. I ran both RDP and PCoIP tests and it seems to fail at the same point.
                            Here is the snip from the RDP log
                            2012-06-10 15:11:44,611 INFO     Running query: UPDATE hostinfo SET state = "Busy" where IPADDR = "192.168.1.101"
                            2012-06-10 15:11:44,613 INFO     Running query: UPDATE hostinfo SET state = "Busy" where IPADDR = "192.168.1.102"
                            2012-06-10 15:11:44,614 INFO     Running query: UPDATE testinfo SET test_name = "test", protocol = "RDP", username = "VMLAB\test_1", password = "Q1w2e3r4!",             test_state = "Running", start_time = "2012-06-10 15:11:37" where test_id = 4
                            2012-06-10 15:11:44,616 INFO     executing remote command with args: client: 192.168.1.101, server: 192.168.1.102, protocol: RDP, test_name: test, vmuser: VMLAB\test_1, vmpasswd: Q1w2e3r4!, workprofile: {'IEbpm': 1L, 'ARbpm': 1L, 'Thinktime': 20L, 'name': 'Test', 'hosttime': 1, 'random': 1, 'Iterations': 1L, 'wpm': 60L, 'video': 0L, 'applist': 'WORD,EXCEL_SORT,ACROBAT,IE_APACHEDOC,PPT,FIREFOX,OUTLOOK,VIDEO'}, poolname: None, domainname: None
                            2012-06-10 15:11:44,616 INFO     adding callback function for getting the remote root object for ipaddr: 192.168.1.101
                            Unhandled Error
                            • 11. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                              mvaughn25 Enthusiast
                              vExpert

Are there any updates to this post? I am having the exact same issue with fetching prefixes that was the original issue in this thread. Emails to the address in the View Planner (viewplanner-info@vmware.com) guide are bouncing. Also, I see no attachment button in the new HTML editor to attach the log files, only images and videos. Here is the log snippet:

From viewplanner.log:

------------------------------------------------------

Unhandled Error

2013-05-22 00:05:33,145 ERROR    Error from the remote: Error in mapping prefixes with error: 2004: Error in mapping VM Prefixes to Pools: string indices must be integers, not str

Traceback:

File "C:\Package\listener.py", line 158, in remote_mapPrefixToPool

File "C:\Package\viewadmin.py", line 137, in mapPrefixToPool

2013-05-22 00:05:37,078 DEBUG    Returning the current status: 0 with message (-1, 'Error in mapping prefixes with error: 2004: Error in mapping VM Prefixes to Pools: string indices must be integers, not str\n Traceback:\n Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "C:\\Package\\listener.py", line 158, in remote_mapPrefixToPool\n  File "C:\\Package\\viewadmin.py", line 137, in mapPrefixToPool\nTypeError: string indices must be integers, not str\n. Please see viewplanner.log for more details')

2013-05-22 00:05:38,135 DEBUG    Waiting for the prefixes map to be fetched from View server...

2013-05-22 00:05:43,135 DEBUG    Waiting for the prefixes map to be fetched from View server...

Here is the content of the traceback.txt file on the View server:

From the viewplanner-viewagent.log:

Tue, 21 May 2013 20:44:35 DEBUG    Staring the ViewPlanner Agent service.

Tue, 21 May 2013 20:44:35 INFO     Starting the twisted server on the machine for harness to send commands....

Tue, 21 May 2013 20:44:36 DEBUG    Getting the harness root object from the harness: 192.168.201.15

Tue, 21 May 2013 20:44:36 INFO     Adding the callback for getting the root object from the appliance

Tue, 21 May 2013 20:44:36 INFO     Starting the python twisted reactor....

Tue, 21 May 2013 20:44:36 DEBUG    Got the harness root object from the harness: 192.168.201.15

Tue, 21 May 2013 20:46:16 INFO     Getting the prefixes for all the pools

Tue, 21 May 2013 20:46:16 ERROR    Error in mapping prefixes with error: 2004: Error in mapping VM Prefixes to Pools: string indices must be integers, not str

Traceback:

• 12. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                                rsingler Enthusiast

banit,

I am having this issue as well.  I replaced the files you posted in your earlier reply and the listener is able to login.

Error:

2013-07-15 14:51:01,585 INFO     Waiting for VMs to settle and sleeping for the ramp up time

2013-07-15 14:52:01,584 DEBUG    Waiting for the prefixes map to be fetched from View server...

Unhandled Error

2013-07-15 14:52:06,583 DEBUG    Waiting for the prefixes map to be fetched from View server...

2013-07-15 14:52:11,583 DEBUG    Waiting for the prefixes map to be fetched from View server...

Listener.pyc output:

C:\>listener.pyc

<view planner IP> <view IP> <username> <password> <domain>

desktop

vpd_test

{'vpd': 'desktop', 'vpd_test': 'vpd_test'}

{'VPDTEST3.domain': 'administrator', 'VPDTEST5.domain': 'administrator',

'VPDTEST4.domain': 'administrator'}

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

• 13. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                                  Hot Shot

If there is no error from the listener.pyc, you just need to restart the View planner agent in View server and the vdiappd service on the harness and it should work.

• 14. Re: Error in mapping prefixes; Waiting for prefixes map to be fetched from View server...
                                    rsingler Enthusiast

Recycling all the services worked.  I actually rebooted the View server and just restarted vdiappd.  Thanks for the quick response!

1 2 Previous Next