VMware Horizon Community
caryers
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 5.0.1

Now that vSphere 5 Udpate 1 has been out for a few weeks. Have there been any reports or issues with vSphere 5 Update 1 working in a View 5.x environment???

I just upgraded from View 4.6 to View 5.0 (no Update). I am looking to move forward with updating vSphere straight from 4.1x to 5.0 Update 1 as well as the View Agent 5.0.1 on my VDI desktops.

To those VMWare gurus out there, any issues with moving in this direction?

Thanks in advance...

Scott

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

According to the compatability matrix (http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/sim/interop_matrix.php?) View 5.0 is not supported with vCenter 5.0u1. See the attached image. But View 5.0.1 is supported with vCenter 5.0u1. See the second image. So, unless I'm not interpreting it correctly, it looks like you'll have to go to View 5.0.1 if you're going to use vCenter 5.0u1. Hope that helps.

Dave

caryers
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Dave!

I have used this link a few times before. Very useful! The last time I used it, it did not have the 5.0 Update 1 info in it yet. With that said, I opened a View case last week with Support and they indicated this cool little matrix was not the "bible" per say. I have been running my, at the time, View 4.6 using vCenter 4.x on the local SQL Express 2008 version that indicated per this matrix it was NOT supported. So he indicated this matrix was basically configured more or less by the release date of each Vmware products per say.

Thanks, Scott

0 Kudos
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fair enough. And you're right. There's a huge difference between "not supported" and "won't work." In this case, I don't have any personal experience to relate, so I'll leave a more definitive answer to somebody who's tried it. I'll be interested to see what the consensus ends up being.

Dave

0 Kudos