VMware Horizon Community
whynotq
Commander
Commander

launch thinapp from View web page

i want to use my view client thinapp for installer on home pcs and shared desktops. in an ideal world my users will log in to their view security server and the link for the client will go back to our thinapp streamed so no admin requirements on the local desktop.

looks simple for the life of me i can't find the source file so that i can edit it, anyone know where it is?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Sounds like you need VMware Appblast..    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxm5CBPeG8

0 Kudos
whynotq
Commander
Commander

not really, it was mentioned at the last EUC forum event that you could edit the View landing page so that instead of  connecting to the web it simply delivers the client thinapp.

Whilst appblast would work it is another layer that i don't want to have to manage.

Paul

0 Kudos
JCL225
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm not sure I would implement this in a production environment or even vaguely recommend this, but I'm curious.

What would happen if you replaced the View Client install exes on your connection server with your thinapp?

I believe they are in

<ViewServer>\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\downloads.war

Back up the current versions of "Vmware-viewclient.exe" and "VMware-viewclient-x86_64.exe".

Then put two copies of your thinapp in that directory and rename then to the backed up viewclient.exe s.

Best case it will give the user the option to download the exes to their desktops.

Worst case it will attempt to stream from your connection server and maybe even bog it down.

Well no, worst case is it doesn't work period and no one can download and install any client (lol).

0 Kudos