VMware Communities
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Can I have more than one App set to unitiy from a single VM?

I have a Win7 VM that I want to deliver Visio, Project and LiveWriter from via unity into my MBP.  is this posible or do I actually need 3 VM's to do this.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

While I have not used Unity with those particular applications nonetheless I have had multiple applications running in Unity windows at the same time on the same Virtual Machine, so I do not see any reason the apps you're asking about wouldn't be able to do the same.

As a general rule, for myself, I do not use Unity as it tends to be more resource heavy then Single window and I normally prefer Full Screen as IMO it provides the best performance of the three.  My biggest complaint about Unity is the ghosting of the Guest's Wallpaper when moving Unity windows around and the only way to minimize it is to set the Guest's Desktop Wallpaper to the same as the Host's and while it helps nonetheless I don't like having to do it, so Full Screen and giving the Virtual Machines their own Space is my preference.