VMware Cloud Community
mvrk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi 5 + OEM Manufactorer and Model

Hi,

Does anyone knows what file contains information regarding for example the Motherboard Manufactorer and Model?

My old board was a Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 and ESXi showed that information, but now i changed for an Asrock 890FX Deluxe5 and i get

Manufactorer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
yannbizeul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My guess is Asrock does not build hardware, they just re-brand motherboards from Asus for example.

I think this field should be filled on-chip but they didn't do it. I don't think there is a config file you can edit to change that.

0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

wen u connect infra client to client to esxi, it shows oem details in summary Smiley Happy

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
yannbizeul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maybe it doesn't take info from the same place ?

Where does ESXi come from ? Manufacturer or vmware.com ?

0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

vmware

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
Simon_H
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure this text is included in the BIOS on the PC - most OEM's perhaps usually produce their own customised BIOS version (if only to have their own splash screen!). As far as I can tell there's no way to change it through the UEFI setup.

Oh, and yes ASRock certainly do make their own motherboards... and are giving some of the bigger players (like ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI) a good run for their money I reckon. I've got an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 which supports VT-d (I/O pass through) providing the processor has it enabled (e.g. an i7-3770) Smiley Happy.

So, it looks like we might be stuck with that description...

Simon

0 Kudos