VMware Horizon Community
sivaksk147
Contributor
Contributor

Administrator account used for QuickPrep does not have sufficient

Hi ALL,

I am facing the issue when i am provisoning linked clones i am getting below error, can some one help to resolve this problem.

Administrator account used for QuickPrep does not have sufficient permissions

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
Tags (1)
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Can you verify that your account has the permissions listed on page 14 of the admin guide, http://pubs.vmware.com/view-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-50-administration.pdf?  

0 Kudos
sivaksk147
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i am not using Quick prep, i am using the Customized sysperp. do you want me the change user permisson witch has given the Domain  join account in systeprep account ?

Sysprep.PNG

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

It references QuickPrep so I would make sure the account I specified when I setup composer has those required permissions. 

Dbbs2012
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know this is pretty old...did you ever get this issue resolved?

0 Kudos
mikejtucker
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if you have this resolved but this is what is needed:

Make sure the computer account used when connecting Horizon and vCenter has admin rights in vCenter but also the account must have rights in active directory to add computers to the domain

In Horizon - Viwew Configuration - Servers - vCenter Servers:

The username specified here for vCenter needs to have admin rights in vCenter and add computer rights in your domain

My setup uses a Standalone Composer server so I used the same account for it. It also needs to have Local Admin rights on the Composer Server. If Composer and vCenter are the same server make sure the vCenter account has admin rights on the local Windows OS.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Excuse me, have you solved this problem?

0 Kudos