VMware Cloud Community
Iwan_Rahabok
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

FYI: technical training material

Hope you find it useful: http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-18592

Improvement and Corrections are welcome.

Happy learning

e1

e1
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jimmy_Wong
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Iwan,

I'm not able to access to the link (http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-18592), it showed "Unauthorized".  Can grant me the access?

Thanks.

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Iwan_Rahabok
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Apology Simon, I had to make it private for the time being as Monica Sharma (Product Manager) is reviewing it. Kindly give her some times as her schedule is packed.

Thanks for the understanding.

Typed on phone. Apology if it sounds direct.

e1
0 Kudos
Jumpos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Iwan.

I have not had time to review the material but would really like to.

Please dont forget to share the DOC again after Product Manager is reviewed it.

0 Kudos
critical3rr0r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The grammar is not perfect but great presentation overall!!! Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."
0 Kudos
Iwan_Rahabok
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've updated the doc with a bit more content on the super metric and consulting.

Kindly note that I'm just a field SE in a tiny country called Singapore, so this is not an official document. I'm sure when the actual training material comes out, it will have greater depth and breadth.

Cheers!

e1

e1
0 Kudos
MarchionniEnzo
Contributor
Contributor

Great Iwan!!!!

Marchionni, Enzo Augusto Virtual Architect of Tenaris (HP) Freelance writer of RedUsers Technology Manager of CMarchionni
0 Kudos
Iwan_Rahabok
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you're very welcome. And apology for a late reply.

e1
0 Kudos
Iwan_Rahabok
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thank you.

I was with a client who wanted to know the Highest Peak of all his ESX on a particular datacenter. VC Ops came in handy, and without using supermetric, we can provide this kind of info:

The entire 307 VM peaks _concurrently_ at 396 GHz, around 1.3 GHz per VM. Their concurrent average is around 120 GHz, which is around 0.4 GHz per VM. So the peak is 2.5x of average. Also, the pattern is very interesting since it's datacenter wide. It's repeating.

The entire 307 VM peaks at 301 GB _concurrently_, around 1 GB per VM. The average is 150 GB, which is around 0.5 GB per VM.

Happy troubleshooting 🙂

e1
0 Kudos