2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2012 3:07 AM by vmbru

vi-fastpass no longer works

earl_e Novice

For some reason, fastpass login from vMS seems to be  failing.  After issuing  "vifptarget -s <hostID>" and getting the expected command prompt, log in still fails.  I can, for instance, issue the example command "esxcfg-nics -l" but still have to enter a username and a password.  Log in fails with the error"error connecting to server at 'https://<ESXi host ID>/sdk/webService': perehaps host is not a vCenter or ESX server. "

The ghettoVCBg2 log file reports""unable to log on by fastpass to <ESXi host ID> may be offline or unreachable".  However, this is the vMA's host, so it is definitely online.

The host is definitely reachable and viewable via vSphere.

A vmacredentials.xml file exists on the vMA machine.

This failure is new.  Previous backups have executed just fine.

We are using ESXi 4.1.0, build 348481

• 1. Re: vi-fastpass no longer works
          earl_e Novice

The problem turned out to be a failure of the vSwitch service.   I er booted the box and now everything is fine.  Does anyone know how to restart the service without rebooting?

• 2. Re: vi-fastpass no longer works
            vmbru Enthusiast

I am currently out of the office on vacation.  Please call 513-763-1822 for any urgent Kemba related technical issues.  Thank you.

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Kemba Credit Union, Inc. for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email, so that the sender's address records can be corrected.